Followers

The Beginning of Bar Prep

Author: Destiny

Well, I turned in my final paper this past Friday and started Bar Prep on Saturday (No I didnt take any time off - dont ask why..). Well, so it begins.. For those of you who are not familiar with this exam..I need to pass this 3 day test in order to practice Lawyer and be able to call myself an Esquire.. Niyati Shah/Srivastava, Esq....

The 3 day exam tests in 3 ways: Essays, Performance Test (Writing a memo using the materials provided which includes the case information and research) and MBE (multiple choice)
Well, my first Bar Prep Course is called PMBR.. its a 6 day course that goes over 6 MBE subjects. Fortunately / Unfortunately, I won another MBE prep course for free. It's a brand new course called Emanuel's. So as soon as I am done with PMBR, I will start Emanuel's. So for all those who are curious about the difference between the two.. stay tuned I will be posting about my thoughts on both within a couple of weeks.

Also, I will also be posting more about my choice of Bar Prep courses..etc. For now its time to go to bed.. Day 4 of PMBR awaits me in the morning..

 

1 Response to “The Beginning of Bar Prep”

  1. Anonymous

    I had heard of a bunch of other terms with the legal profession but somehow Esquire was never one of them. As usual Wikipedia to the rescue:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esquire

    Esquire (abbreviated Esq.) is a term of British origin, originally used to denote social status. Within the United States, its use as a postnominal honorific is often, but not exclusively, assumed by licensed attorneys. The term carries no legal requirements or restrictions in the United States, and little social distinction today outside of the United States.


Leave a Reply